Why you need real-time end-to-end test automation, and advice for the best products to create it.
San Francisco. Thursday March 31st 2016
Meteor Development Group (MDG) names Chimp.js as the recommended acceptance testing framework in the official Meteor guide, inline with the release of Meteor 1.3.
"We recommend Chimp in the Meteor testing guide because it's an amazing tool to iterate quickly on acceptance tests for any web application, but even more for a Meteor app!"
Tom Coleman, Meteor Development Group - @tmeasday
Chimp is rapidly growing in popularity as a free, Open Source tool that offers developers:
- Simplest ever setup - Just downloading and configuring the tools needed for end-to-end acceptance tests used to be very cumbersome for developers. Chimp replaces all of this and just one npm command that installs everything that a developer needs to start creating complex end-to-end and acceptance tests.
- Realtime End-to-end testing - Chimp enables for E2E and acceptance tests what was previously only possible for unit tests. With Chimp, developers can get completely super fast test feedback, which leads to super fast development.
- Mocha, Jasmine and Cucumber - Chimp supports the three most popular test languages.
- Node.js as well as Meteor - In addition to being the recommended automated testing tool for Meteor, Chimp is not restricted and can be used with any application that has a web UI, from Angular to Cordova.
While Chimp is not only for Meteor, it is fair to say it is born out of the Meteor community, as the creators - Xolv.io founder Sam Hatoum (@sam_hatoum) and cofounder Jonas Aschenbrenner (@Sanjox) are two of the original architects of Meteor's previous test frameworks, including RTD and Velocity.
I am delighted that the MDG has chosen to recommend Chimp as recommended tool for end to end and acceptance tests. For me, this demonstrates not only the strength of Chimp, but also the growth and maturity of Meteor as a serious contender for Enterprise software development.
Sam Hatoum, Founder, Xolv.io - @sam_hatoum
Try Chimp for free today and let us know what you think!
- Visit Chimp on GitHub and show your support by giving us a ★ star!
- Be sure to read the documentation and help us by suggesting edits where you see something that need attention.
We are pleased to announce that Chris Guest has joined Xolv.io as our third Cofounder, with focus on Product/Market Fit and Growth.
Chris brings to the team more than 15 years experience in product and marketing strategy, having lead strategy and business for some of the world's most prestigious brands, including Audi, Activision, Ferrari, Fiat, McLaren Automotive, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls-Royce, Verizon, Visa and many more. Chris moved to San Francisco from London in 2011, while heading strategic automotive accounts for world reknowned digital agency AKQA.
Chris actually joined the Xolv.io team in October 2014 and has been working with Sam and Jonas on customer development research and strategy to help shape a new marquee product for Xolv.io, aimed at helping software teams reduce the bugs in their system.
As we operate in "bootstrap" mode, and while the product is in development, Chris is available for contract consulting, helping Startups, Enterprises and their agencies in the topics of product and marketing strategy. In particular, we are now offering Product/Market Fit Consulting, as an core service from Xolv.io
Product Market Fit Consulting blends the best of Product Strategy, Service Design, Lean Startup, Growth Hacking, Marketing Strategy and Social Media Strategy to give clients a smarter path to a more successful product.
Read more about Product/Market Fit Consulting here. And also check out Chris's recent writing about the role of Product/Market Fit in 2016 on his recent Medium article here.